Job title: Head Government Affairs
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION:
Primary Job Function :
Proactively monitor, assess the policies and emerging issues related to price controls, market access, by engaging with the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Department of Pharmaceuticals in Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority of India, Ministry of Consumer Affairs and other related stakeholder in Governments, trade associations and think tanks. Develop and implement strategies, to shape the policies and actions to effectively address issues that impact all Abbott businesses in India.
Core Job Responsibilities :
- In addition, transaction advisory, tax representations, tax planning & optimization, tax litigations & risk management, handling audits, tax reporting and tax accounting across all entities (AIL, AHPL and ASJM) in India.
- Identify health care and other policy developments in India that could impact Abbott’s business and operation including but not limited to Devices business.
- Proactively identify opportunities to pursue favorable government policies that could positively impact shareholder interests.
- Establish relationships; advance and protect Abbott interests and reputation with key stakeholders, e.g. governments, policymakers, industry associations, key opinion leaders, non-government organizations and patient groups in India. In particular, responsible for maintaining relationships with members from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority (NPPA), and other relevant stakeholders.
- Stays apprised of international policy trends and apply knowledge to Indian region to proactively advance Abbott’s interests.
- Responsible for the compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Represents Abbott’s business at the external meetings, and works extensively with assigned industry groups and associations, including providing input and direction to proactive/reactive responses by associations to industry issues, policy development, etc.
- Participates in GGA Network. Shares learnings, initiatives, information and actions across the GGA Network. Implements proactive action plans aimed at enhancing relationships with key influencers which protect and support critical business objectives.
Position Accountability / Scope :
- Position has significant impact on Abbott business operations in India. Failure to anticipate and effectively address issues will have major, far-reaching consequences and may substantially negatively impact Abbott business operations.
- The incumbent is part of the Global Government Affairs Team, interacts with host country GMs, and is responsible for counselling and influencing other members of management teams on business decisions, strategies and issues in Abbott India.
The incumbent reports to:
- Role reports in Director, Global Government Affairs, South Asia and supports Devices and diagnostics business. Apart from internal stakeholders, job requires working with Senior Government officials, politicians, US Government, and trade associations.
- Work with General or Country Manager(s) on market access issues.
Position currently based in Delhi.
University or Bachelor’s degree required. A Master’s degree in political science, public policy, public health, or MBA is preferable. Legal / medical degree a plus. Indian government or policy experience essential. Global experience is a plus.
Minimum Work Experience
- 7 to 10 year’s minimum experience in positions of increasing responsibility and experience in government affairs, or public policy in the medical device, or pharmaceutical / nutrition / health care industry will preferable.
- Deep knowledge and/or experience in Indian governments or regional health organizations are highly desired.
- Proven contact network, involvement and success in influencing the development of policy and strong knowledge of the political process.
- Experience developing & maintaining effective relationships with and proven ability to interface well with members of the Indian health care policy, legislative, regulatory, & NGO community and key pharmaceutical and/or nutrition officials.
- Proven track record of policy development, negotiations, and professional writing, communication and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Indian health care systems including product approval, distribution, pricing, reimbursement, quality and safety controls, agencies and procedures including, good contacts with national and local healthcare authorities.
- Experience in the health care industry.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, motivate and positively influence individuals both inside and outside of the organization. Experience working with and counselling senior management required.
- Team player who seeks to become an integral part of an industry-leading government affairs group.
- Strong organizational skills, adept at managing complex array of projects/issues
Technical Skills / Training
- Proficiency in strategy, policy development, action plans and tactical steps.
- Good analytical, writing, and influencing skills to develop and convey strategies, policies and action plans.
- Good presentation / communication skills – strong ability to communicate in English.
- Requires strong analytical skills to dissect complex range of public issues and assess impact to Abbott.
- Must possess a high degree of strategic thinking, decision making and tactical skills to develop broad strategy and policy, options and recommendations to address issues expeditiously.
- Ability to coordinate internal groups and external trade/business organizations, to promote Abbott’s position with urgency and tight deadlines.
JOB FAMILY: Government Affairs/ Investor Relations
DIVISION: GA Government Affairs
New Delhi : Barkhamba Road, Flat No. 1203/1204
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 20 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:17:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!